How to Grow Your Business Online
One of the questions we often get is how do I grow my business?
One of the most effective ways to grow your business is through a lead magnet funnel.
A lead magnet is an asset (ex., Checklist, videos, or eBook) that positions you as the trusted financial advisor. A funnel is a series of emails designed to convert prospects to clients.
Think of dating; when you meet someone for the first time, are you ready to get married to them immediately? No, you usually go on a coffee date, then to the movies, and as you get to know them, you’re ready to commit.
This is the same journey for a prospect. They come to your website but are not ready to book a meeting immediately. They want to get to know you first.
So how do you do this online? You give a lead magnet in exchange for the prospect’s email address. When a prospect provides you with their email, this means two things:
- First, they are a qualified lead.
- They are expecting a series of emails from you.
What should your lead magnet do?
- Identify the problem of your prospects
- Position you as the trusted advisor
- Provide the prospect with valuable information
Examples of lead magnets are:
- Video: “Why we’re different from the banks.”
- eBooks: “5 mistakes business owners make”
- Webinars: “What to do in a rising interest rate environment?”
- Calculator: “Do you have enough for retirement?”
- Checklists: “Did you get all your tax deductions?”
- Calendar: “Financial Calendar 2023”
- Fact Sheet: “Useful numbers to know for 2023.”
- Spreadsheet: “First child budget.”
- Quiz: “Are you financially healthy?”
What happens after your prospect downloads your lead magnet?
- Your prospect receives a series of emails that are designed to build trust and credibility.
- The emails aim to start a conversation between you and the prospect.
- Every email has a clear call to action (ex. Book a meeting.)
Stay tuned for our next article about how to make your funnel.
We know advisors need help with creating a lead magnet but don’t have the time to put it together.
At Financial Tech Tools, we:
- Create the lead magnet
- Design the email
- Implement the lead magnet funnel
- Deal with compliance
The result is a marketing machine that brings in and nurtures your leads while you spend time with your clients.