Measuring the Economic Cost of New Tax Proposals CLU Comment 2018
The Canadian tax system is based on a self-assessment or honour system, requiring every taxpayer to file an
annual income tax return with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), which sets out income earned, eligible expenses, deductions and credits
CLU Comment: Contributions under the Canada/Quebec Pension Plan (C/QPP) and Employment Insurance (EI) change annually.
CLU Comment: Canadian residents generally enjoy tax-free growth in the capital value of their home through a tax measure referred to as the principal residence exemption. This means that many Canadians can sell their home tax-free, however, there are details to observe and criteria to be met for those who want to benefit from this opportunity.
CLU Comment: Can a corporate owned life insurance policy be paid as a dividend in kind?
After graduating from university, I thought I’d be done school…. but turns out I was so wrong. Learning never stops… Keep on Learning…
Book a call!
- CERB Extended | Business Owners who did not qualify previously – expanded CEBA starts June 19th
- Small Businesses! Applications for Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance starts May 25th
- Expanded eligibility for CEBA $40,000 interest-free loan
- Apply starting Friday for Canada Emergency Student Benefit! Help on the way for seniors.
- Extended! Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy extended beyond June